All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionEuropa's comprehensive survey of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia. New for 2015 * extensive discussion of the political developments in Ukraine that led to the removal from office of President Viktor Yanukovych and the subsequent annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia * a new essay discussing the separatist movements in Eastern Ukraine and their association with Russian state structures * an overview of the radically revised Constitution of Georgia that entered into effect in late 2013, substantially reducing the powers of the President and increasing those of the Prime Minister and the Government * coverage of the regional elections held in many territories of the Russian Federation in September 2014 General Survey Leading authorities on the region analyze topics of regional importance, including: opposition movements in contemporary Russia; the politics of energy in the Caspian Sea region; the ecomies of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia; poverty and social welfare; the politics of the South Caucasus, and the politics of water in Central Asia. Country Surveys Chapters on each country, containing: - essays on its recent history and ecomy, and a chrology of events - an extensive statistical survey of ecomic indicators - a comprehensive directory of the most significant political, commercial and cultural institutions - a bibliography of books concerned with the country's history, politics and ecomy. Who's Who in Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia - biographical information on more than 150 leading political figures in the region Regional Information - a directory of major international organizations and research institutes concerned with the region - select bibliographies of books and periodicals.
- Author BiographyEuropa publications have long been regarded as premier reference resources, providing authoritative political and economic data for every country and region of the world, biographical profiles of the most influential global figures in every field, including politics, science, business, academia, the arts and the media, and unrivalled access to information on universities, libraries and other academic institutions world-wide. Available in print and online, Europa's principal titles, The Europa World Year Book,The Europa Regional Surveys of the World, The International Who's Who and The Europa World of Learning, serve the contemporary research needs of students, academics and information-seekers in specialist and general reference libraries, government offices and commercial institutions in every country.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEuropa Publications Ltd
- Weight2154 g
- Width211 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byEuropa Publications
- Edition Statement15th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.