Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.12+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionE astern Illiis Panthers Football chronicles the legend and lore of this storied program, from the early days under coach and university-auditor-of-accounting Otis Caldwell, to today s perennial Ohio Valley Conference powerhouse. Sports historian Dan Verdun sets down amazing details about EIU s 15 FCS playoff appearances, 7 OVC championships, 3 NFL head coaches, 2 Walter Payton Award winners, and the 1978 NCAA Division II national championship. Panther fans will recognize the names of Mike Shanahan, Darrell Mudra, Jeff Gossett, Sean Payton, Bob Spoo and Tony Romo, and many others. Dan Verdun tells these men s stories from extensive research and personal interviews. Find out fascinating details about key players and coaches - how they arrived at EIU, what they accomplished in their time wearing the blue and gray, as well as the paths their lives took once they played their last game and graduation day arrived. The greatest moments in EIU Panther football glory are recounted with fresh new insight. Read about the legendary days of quarterback Bill Glenn, who found success in the NFL of the 1940s. Relive the dominance and get the inside stories of the greatest teams in EIU football history. They re all here: the 1978 NCAA Division-II national champions, the 1980 runner-ups, the quarterfinalist 1982, 1986, 1989, and 2013 teams along with the 1995 and 2001 conference champions and playoff qualifiers. With far-ranging appeal, Eastern Illiis Panthers Football will interest those who identify as Panthers as well as sports fans who want to discover the merits of this fine football program. Focused on team members and their coaches over the entire history of EIU football, this book will inform and entertain all age groups.
- Author BiographyDan Verdun is a sports journalist/historian and amiddle school teacher in Naperville, IL. He earned his bachelor's degrees in journalism and history at Eastern Illinois University and his master's degree in curriculum and instruction at Northern Illinois University. He is author of Northern Illinois Huskies Football (Northern Illinois University Press, 2013).
- Author(s)Dan Verdun
- PublisherNorthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthern Illinois University Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byBob Spoo
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.