All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndian Cooking is an exciting and exotic cuisine - w it's easier than ever. This updated edition of Suneeta's bestseller features 8 new additional photos as well as 25 brand new recipes. Each dish is richly flavoured but t complicated to create at home. More than 150 recipes are easy for beginners to make while also appealing to experienced home cooks or to those already familiar with Indian cuisine. The authentic flavours flourish in these easy-to-prepare recipes. The author's repertoire of exciting and inspired recipes includes classic recipes from North and South India and her personal favourites that have been adapted for Western kitchens. The delicious recipes in this book range from snacks and appetizers to poultry, fish and vegetarian meals. There also chapters dedicated to accompaniments like chutneys, sweets and beverages which truly make an authentic Indian dining experience. Here are just some of the delights: Chicken Tikka Masala, Pork Vindaloo, South Indian Lentil and Vegetable Stew; Curried Spinach and Cheese (Saag Panir), Basmati Rice Layered with Fragrant Chicken; Coconut Chutney-Coated Fish Parcels, Masala-Coated Baked Chicken, Sindhi Fritters; Tomato Raita, Hot Pineapple Chutney, Caramelized Carrot Pudding. In keeping with traditional Indian cooking, there are 75 vegetarian dishes. Vaswani shares her wealth of Indian cooking experience and kwledge by providing insightful cooking tips and techniques throughout the book. She has even provided information on where ingredients can be sourced and, if necessary, how to make substitutions. This is the perfect place for home cooks to begin creating great Indian dishes.
- Author BiographySuneeta Vaswani was born in Mumbai, India and lived in Houston, Texas for many years before returning to India. She has taught Indian cooking internationally for over 30 years.
- Author(s)Suneeta Vaswani
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Note24 colour photographs
- Weight490 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.