Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionObesity continues to be a problem, one that extends throughout life as children move into adolescence and adulthood and choose progressively less physical activity and less healthy diets. This public health issue needs to be addressed early in childhood, when children are adopting the behaviours that they will carry through life. Eat Well & Keep Moving will help children learn to adopt physically active and nutritionally healthy lifestyles that significantly reduce the risk of obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and other diseases. In extensive field tests among students and teachers using the programme, children ate more fruit and vegetables, reduced their intake of saturated fat, watched less TV and improved their kwledge of nutrition and physical activity.
- Author BiographyLilian W.Y. Cheung is lecturer and director of health promotion and communication in the department of nutrition at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Hank Dart is a health communications consultant who works in prevention and control for the Siteman Cancer Center at Washington University School of Medicine. Sari Kalin is a registered dietitian with more than a decade of experience in health promotion and communication.
- Author(s)Brett Otis,Hank Dart,Lilian W. Y. Cheung,Sari Kalin,Steven Lawrence Gortmaker
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note9 photographs, 35 illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.