Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides readers with a concise introduction to the psychology of eating focusing on the psychological and biological processes that underlie eating behaviour. While insights into eating behaviour that has gone wrong, such as arexia nervosa and bulimia, are offered, the primary focus is on 'rmal' eating behaviour. Eating Behaviour highlights the way that the brain and body control eating, the environmental factors that infiltrate the consciousness to make us think it is time to eat, and childhood, to unravel how eating behaviour develops within the individual. The text covers the subject of eating and food related behaviour from the five main areas of psychology, developmental, cognitive, social, biological, and psychopathological perspectives. Written in a lively, accessible style, it is designed to give readers a basic understanding of the topic and a platform from which to expand their kwledge of this area. This book is essential reading for psychology and health psychology students, those taking eating behaviour modules, and eating behaviour and disorders courses. It is also valuable reading for nutritionists, dietitians, food scientists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and medical students.
- Author BiographyDr. Terence M. Dovey is a psychologist working in the Loughborough University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders (LUCRED), UK.
- Author(s)Terry Dovey
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Psychology
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight400 g
- Width62 mm
- Height93 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.