All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionIf I gain any weight, I'll lose all control. These words, spoken by a 14-year-old arexia nervosa patient, show just how serious eating disorders can be for teenagers, disturbing numbers of whom are dissatisfied with their bodies. For some, mostly girls, thoughts about food and their bodies consume their lives and lead to such life-threatening eating disorders as arexia nervosia or bulimia nervosa. This guide to eating disorders for teenagers, their families and others involved in their lives defines what the diseases are, considers who suffers from them and why, discusses the warning signs and complications, and covers associated disorders. It also provides information on body dysmorphia and the treatment and prevention of eating disorders. Numerous resources that can provide help are listed.
- Author Biography<b>Tania Heller, M.D., </b> is a board-certified pediatrician and the medical director of the Washington Center for Eating Disorders and Adolescent Obesity in Bethesda, Maryland www.washingtoncenteronline.com. She is the author of four other books.
- Author(s)Tania Heller
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.