All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.23Trending at AU $15.03
About this product
- DescriptionIn Eating Women, Telling Tales, acclaimed feminist writer and artist Bulbul Sharma explores the many roles - some perennial, some unexpected - that food can play in women's lives. One of the stories in this rich collection features a young woman who, neglected by her rakish husband, decides to kill him by overfeeding him. Other tales narrate the adventures of a woman who cooks manically; a woman who tries and fails to share her culinary masterpieces with a son newly returned from the United States; and a woman who takes money and knickknacks from her husband's pockets, where she finds the different scents of each woman he has been with. These protagonists, all gloriously flawed, inspire sympathy, laughter, and sometimes awe. By turns poignant and macabre, their stories make up a delicious spread, showcasing Sharma's immense talent for depicting the drama and complexity of women's everyday lives. Devoured by readers the world over after their original publication in 2009, these stories are w available in a handsomely designed reissue.
- Author BiographyBulbul Sharma is the author of the story collections My Sainted Aunts, The Perfect Woman, and The Anger of Aubergines, and the novel Banana-Flower Dreams. Her work has been translated into several languages, including Italian, French, and Finnish.
- Author(s)Bulbul Sharma
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Weight122 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.