All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionWe all kw the basics of punctuation. Or do we? A look at most neighborhood signage tells a different story. Through sloppy usage and low standards on the internet, in email, and w text messages, we have made proper punctuation an endangered species. In <b>Eats, Shoots & Leaves</b>, former editor Lynne Truss dares to say, in her delightfully urbane, witty, and very English way, that it is time to look at our commas and semicolons and see them as the wonderful and necessary things they are. This is a book for people who love punctuation and get upset when it is mishandled. From the invention of the question mark in the time of Charlemagne to George Orwell shunning the semicolon, this lively history makes a powerful case for the preservation of a system of printing conventions that is much too subtle to be mucked about with.
- Author BiographyLynne Truss is a writer and journalist who started out as a literary editor with a blue pencil and then got sidetracked. The author of three novels and numerous radio comedy dramas, she spent six years as the television critic of <i>The Times of London</i>, followed by four (rather peculiar) years as a sports columnist for the same newspaper. She won Columnist of the Year for her work for Women's Journal. Lynne Truss also hosted Cutting a Dash, a popular BBC Radio 4 series about punctuation. She now reviews books for the Sunday Times of London and is a familiar voice on BBC Radio 4. She lives in Brighton, England.
- Author(s)Lynne Truss
- PublisherGotham Books
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGotham Books
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.