Ebm Guide for Scientists to Sales Reps: Medical Evidence in the World of Payers & Health Care Systems-A Handbook for Industry to Better Understand, Communicate and Navigate These Worlds by Michael E Stuart MD, Delfini Group, Sheri Ann Strite (Paperback / softback, 2014)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBest help with evidence-based medicine available. Marty Gabica MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthwise This book is written for the scientist who doesn't think about the payer-and for the one who does. This book is written for the sales rep who doesn't think that sales reps need to understand anything about medical evidence beyond the script-and for those who kw that understanding anything important in the payer world could be make-or-break. And this book is written for everyone in between. In short, this book is written for everyone in industry involved in payer medical decision-making. And the principles discussed in this book can be applied to many health systems as well, as well as other customers, such as the practicing clinician. For n-scientists, the good news is that we make the world of medical evidence easy-we are rewn for our simplified approach. For scientists, we can help you better kw how payers and health systems may relate to your science. We have extensive experience in communicating evidence in ways end-users can understand. Evidologists, Sheri Ann Strite and Michael E. Stuart MD, have worked extensively with payers and industry and can be your guide to help you bridge gaps between the worlds of health systems, payers and industry over medical evidence. Why is FDA approval insufficient for payer approval? Why do payer decisions seem so inconsistent at times? What are some of payers' biggest concerns and how can you effectively address them? What are some of the biggest problems with medical research and its reporting-and that you can fix? How can you use evidence to establish common ground with payers and foster good relations? In this guidebook, we give you information and insights along with practical guidance, advice, strategies and tips. We share our prescription for gap closing and bridge building-the RRAPP System for Research, Reporting, Appraising, Preparing to Communicate and Preparing to Connect over medical evidence.
- Author BiographyDelfini Group is a public service entrepreneurship founded to advance applied evidence- and value-based clinical quality improvements through practice, training and facilitation. Much of Delfini's work is dedicated to solving medical misinformation problems. Delfini has contributed to text books, advised government entities, worked with health care systems, payers and manufacturers and has trained thousands in evidence-based quality improvement. Michael E. Stuart MD & Sheri Ann Strite are medical information scientists, evidologists and clinical improvement experts who combine academic and practical experience to train people how to evaluate medical research studies, conduct evidence reviews, help health care systems apply evidence- and value-based clinical quality improvement methods including special help for work groups such as clinical guideline development teams, pharmacy & therapeutics and medical technology assessment committees, clinical quality improvement teams and more. They also train physicians and others in communicating with patients. Sheri Ann Strite, Co-founder, Principal & Managing Partner, initiated many Delfini health care improvement strategies, tools and training programs including the popular Delfini critical appraisal training program. Formerly she was Associate Director, Program Development, University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Family & Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, where she taught faculty, physicians, residents, students and others. She was also a member of the UCSD Family Medicine Research Leaders and faculty for their Research Fellowship in the Department of Family & Preventive Medicine. Prior to UCSD, Ms. Strite worked in clinical improvement, education and research at Group Health Cooperative in Seattle, Washington, where she held various positions. Michael E. Stuart MD, Co-founder, President & Medical Director, is a family physician and was appointed clinical faculty at the University of Washington in 1975. He is the former Director of the Department of Clinical Improvement and Education at Group Health Cooperative in Seattle, Washington, where he led development of more than 35 evidence-based clinical guidelines and other clinical improvements, chaired the Pharmacy & Therapeutics and Medical Technology Assessment Committees. His work has received praise from prominent health care leaders such as David Eddy MD, Don Berwick MD, Health Ministry of New Zealand and the US Navy.
- Author(s)Delfini Group,Michael E Stuart MD,Sheri Ann Strite
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.