All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book by internationally rewned dyer, costumier and artist India Flint draws on her two decades of experience and experimentation in natural dyeing techniques to present an expert, highly accessible and achievable handbook of ecologically sustainable plant dye methods using renewable resources - most of them to be found in the average home garden. Eco Colour uses an exciting range of projects to demonstrate a variety of techniques, many of which have been specially developed by the author. Projects range from the simplest imaginable (solar dyeing, in which the fabric and dye material are placed in a closed jar and left for a few weeks in a sunny spot) to the positively romantic (dyeing with 'ice flowers'). Beautifully crafted, inspirational garments and homewares are used as the basis for dyeing techniques that produce a boundless range of pure, gentle, natural colourways.
- Author BiographyCostumier, artist and writer India Flint's feltworks are represented in collections and museums in Germany, Latvia and Australia. She now lives on a farm in rural South Australia, breeding sheep and producing a range of salvage clothing under the label benedictus .
- Author(s)India Flint
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content Note400 colour illustrations
- Width225 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeFrom
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.