All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEco-efficient concrete is a comprehensive guide to the characteristics and environmental performance of key concrete types. Part one discusses the eco-efficiency and life cycle assessment of Portland cement concrete, before part two goes on to consider concrete with supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs). Concrete with n-reactive wastes is the focus of part three, including municipal solid waste incinerator (MSWI) concrete, and concrete with polymeric, construction and demolition wastes (CDW). An eco-efficient approach to concrete carbonation is also reviewed, followed by an investigation in part four of future alternative binders and the use of na and biotech in concrete production. With its distinguished editors and international team of expert contributors, Eco-efficient concrete is a technical guide for all professionals, researchers and academics currently or potentially involved in the design, manufacture and use of eco-efficient concrete.
- Author BiographyFernando Pacheco-Torgal is a Senior Researcher in the C-TAC Research Centre at the University of Minho, Portugal. He has authored almost 300 publications, including 96 in ISI Web of Science-WoS and 92 on Scopus. Having received 798 citations in WoS (h-index=15) and 1125 citations on Scopus (h-index=18). He has a SCI Platinum h=30 the highest in the field of civil engineering in Portugal. He has also been the Lead Editor of 14 international books, with more than 500 contributors from 52 countries in the five continents. Said Jalali is former Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Minho, and is an acknowledged expert on building materials. Joao Labrincha is Associate Professor in the Materials and Ceramics Engineering Department of the University of Aveiro, Portugal, and member of the CICECO research unit. He has registered 22 patent applications, and has published over 170 papers. Vanderley M. John is Associate Professor in the Department of Construction Engineering at the Polytechnic School of the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication04/02/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byF. Pacheco Torgal,Joao Labrincha,Said Jalali,V. M. John
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.