All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>Eco Living Japan</i> presents contemporary Japanese houses which exemplify the most recent trends in sustainable design in Japan. This is wabi-sabi for the 21st century!</b> Japan is equally as well kwn for its ecologically-sensitive traditional homes as it is for cutting-edge, green techlogy. With over 250 photos, drawings, plans and lively, informative text, this sustainable architecture book offers a picture of green living in contemporary Japan and provides inspiration and practical ideas for those creating homes in North America and other 4 season climates. Each project presents different aspects of Japan's current movement toward a more sustainable living environment as well as its focus on fine craftsmanship and cutting-edge techlogy. The book's content is informative and enjoyable for both professional architects and forward-thinking homeowners. Anyone with an interest in Japanese design and trends in sustainable living will find fresh ideas for their own home projects. These homes work in harmony with their environments and with the people who inhabit them-- green design at its best!
- Author Biography<b>Deanna MacDonald</b> teaches art and architectural history at Temple University's Tokyo campus and writes extensively about Japan's art, architecture and cultural heritage. Her most recent book was <i>New Japan Architecture</i> published by Tuttle.
- Author(s)Deanna MacDonald
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Weight953 g
- Width211 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains 4 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.