All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionEco-Warriors was the first in-depth look at the people, actions, history and philosophies behind the radical environmental movement. Focusing on the work of Earth First!, the Sea Shepherds, Greenpeace, and the Animal Liberation Front, among others, Rik Scarce told exciting and sometimes frightening tales of front-line warriors defending an Earth they see as being in environmental peril. While continuing to study these movements as a Ph.D. student, Scarce was jailed for contempt of court for refusing to divulge his sources to prosecutors eager to thwart these groups' activities. In this updated edition, Scarce brings the trajectory of this movement up to date-including material on the Earth Liberation Front-and provides current resources for all who wish to learn more about one of the most dynamic and confrontational political movements of our time. Literate, captivating, and informative, this is also an ideal volume for classes on environmentalism, social movements, or contemporary politics.
- Author BiographyRik Scarce is the author of three books: the first edition of Eco-Warriors: Understanding the Radical Environmental Movement (1990), Fishy Business: Salmon, Biology, and the Social Construction of Nature (2000), and Contempt of Court: A Scholar's Battle for Free Speech from Behind Bars (2005). He is a professor in the Department of Sociology at Skidmore College and previously taught at Michigan State University and Montana State University. He has also been a newspaper reporter, worked as an aide to two politicians, and has conducted research and writing for a consulting firm. In 1993, Scarce was jailed for five months for contempt of court for refusing to divulge sources to prosecutors about his research on the radical environmental movement.
- Author(s)Rik Scarce
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight505 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.