Ecological Restoration: A Global Challenge by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcological restoration projects seek to recover the natural functioning of degraded ecosystems, most often areas disturbed by human large scale projects such as agriculture developments, road building, mining and urban sprawl. While scientists focus on the ecological basis of habitat repair, practitioners, governmental and n-governmental organizations, and local people, tend to worry about social, ecomic, cultural and political aspects. The value of ecological restoration is discussed here with examples including tropical forests in Vietnam and Australia; degraded environments in China as a paradigm of global issues; the restoration of wetlands and the coastal zone and how to proceed with urban developments. The author also uniquely assesses how ecological restoration can be used against the impacts of climate change. In addition to strategies for extending ecological restoration at global scale, it provides useful ideas and tools for the everyday work of professionals,researchers and students.
- Author BiographyFrancisco A. Comin is an ecologist with background experience on ecosystem analysis and development of management tools. He has been Professor of Ecology at University of Barcelona (Spain) for 25 years and visiting professor of CINVESTAV-IPN (Merida, Yucatan, Mexico) for 15 years. Books published include Global Climate. Current research and uncertainties in the Climate System, with X. Rodo (Springer, 2003); Saline Lakes. Developments in Hydrobiology 59, with T. Northcote (Springer, 1990); and Limnology and Aquatic Birds. Monitoring, Modelling and Management, with J. A. Herrera and J. Ramirez (Univ. Autonoma del Yucatan Publ., 2000). He has been performing research on practical works on ecological restoration for twenty years. The integration of scientific-technical, economic and social aspects is a guide for his work on ecological restoration. Topics in the frontier between different sciences are a special subject of interest as is shown in this book. He is a member of SER International, Intecol and RIACRE.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 20 colour illus. 31 tables
- Weight810 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFrancisco A. Comin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.