All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcological Restoration provides a comprehensive overview of the strategies being used around the world to reverse human impacts on landscapes, ecosystems, and species. This book aims to improve the outcomes of restoration practice by strengthening the connections between ecological concepts and real-world decision-making. Students explore each topic considering both research-based kwledge and lessons learned from 19 actual restorations. Details of these ecological restorations, from underwater reefs to mines in hot deserts, are woven into each chapter, presented as case studies, and used in exercises.The book explains and applies basic concepts from many supporting fields that serve as the foundation for practice, including ecology, conservation biology, earth and water sciences, environmental design, and public policy.
- Author BiographySUSAN M. GALATOWITSCH is from University of Minnesota, USA.
- Author(s)Susan M. Galatowitsch
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width191 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.