Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental law and governance are the cornerstones of global efforts to conserve the environment, protect resources and ensure fair and equitable outcomes for all of the planet's inhabitants. This book presents a series of thought-provoking chapters which consider the place of governance and law in the defence against imminent and ongoing threats to ecological, social and cultural integrity. Written by an international team of both established and early-career scholars from various disciplines and backgrounds, the chapters cover the most pressing and contemporary issues in environmental law and governance. These include access and benefit-sharing; the right to food and water; climate change coping and adaptation; human rights; the rights of indigeus communities; public and environmental health; and many more. The book has a general focus on environmental governance and law in the European Union and offers points of comparison with Canada and North and South America.
- Author BiographyLaura Westra is professor emerita (philosophy), University of Windsor, Canada, a sessional instructor at the Faculty of Law, University of Milano (Bicocca), Italy, and visiting professor at the University of Trento, Italy. Janice Gray is senior lecturer at UNSW Law, University of New South Wales, Australia. Vasiliki (Vicky) Karageorgou is assistant professor in European Administrative and Environmental Law at the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences in Athens, Greece.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJanice Gray,Laura Westra,Vasiliki Karageorgou
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.