All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique collection of Clem Tisdell's articles is an eminently readable and comprehensive ecomic analysis of important contemporary issues involving ecological and environmental ecomics. Coverage includes the role of ecological ecomics in the modern world, welfare and ethical considerations in environmental ecomics, sustainability concerns, the potential role of local communities in conservation, environmental aspects of population growth, and the relevance of carrying capacity concepts. The value for environmental management of different types of governance and of alternative ecomic policy instruments (such as environmental taxation compared to tradable permits) is also assessed. Ecological, environmental, natural resource, geographical and development ecomists will all find this book of great interest and value, as will policymakers in this area.
- Author BiographyClem Tisdell, Professor Emeritus, School of Economics, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Author(s)Clem Tisdell
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIll.fig.tabs.
- Weight697 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.