All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy including ecological concerns in the design process from the outset, architecture can enhance life. Author Brook Muller understands how a designer's predispositions and poetic judgement in dealing with complex and dynamic ecological systems impact the greenness of built outcomes. Ecology and the Architectural Imagination offers a series of speculations on architectural possibility when ecology is embedded from conceptual phases onward, how tions of function and structure of ecosystems can inspire ideas of architectural space making and order, and how the architect's role and contribution can shift through this engagement. As an ecological architect working in increasingly dense urban environments, you can create diverse spaces of inhabitation and connect project scale living systems with those at the neighborhood and region scales. Equipped with ecological literacy, critical thinking and collaboration skills, you are empowered to play important roles in the remaking of our cities.
- Author BiographyBrook Muller is Associate Dean of the School of Architecture and Allied Arts, Associate Professor of Architecture, Director of the Graduate Certificate Program in Ecological Design and core faculty member of the Environmental Studies Program at the University of Oregon, USA.
- Author(s)Brook Muller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.