All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAs issues of resource scarcity become more explicitly ackwledged in the health sector, public health practitioners are recognizing that ecomics can form a vital part of their professional toolkit. Ecomic analysis provides a way of thinking about problems in which the issues of resource scarcity, opportunity cost and broader social objectives such as efficiency and equity can be explicitly taken into account. However, while ecomics can certainly play an important role in policy and management, its application is often complicated. This book discusses theoretical perspectives in health ecomics by developing an appreciation of how ecomic concepts and techniques can be applied in policy making and management in the health sector. The book examines: Demand analysis; Markets and competition; Regulation; Contracts; and Equity in health care. Series Editors: Rosalind Plowman and Nicki Thorogood.
- Author BiographyStephen Jan is a Senior Lecturer in Health Economics, Lilani Kumaranayake is a Lecturer in Health Economics, Jenny Roberts is Professor of Economics of Public Health, Kara Hanson is a Senior Lecturer in Health Economics, and Kate Archibald was a Research Fellow in Health Economics at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Author(s)Jenny Roberts,Kara Hanson,Kate Archibald,Lilani Kumarayanake,Steven Jan
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width68 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.