All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual property has traditionally been a matter for the legal professions, but with the shift to evidence-based policy, the global ecomic upheaval, and the advent of the digital age, intellectual property is increasingly informed by ecomic perspectives. This book is a comprehensive, critical analysis of ecomic interpretations of intellectual property, written for researchers, practitioners and policymakers. It analyses the interface between ecomics, finance, accountancy and intellectual property law. Commencing with a critical analysis of the ecomics of invation, law, industrial organisation and welfare, the book then critiques the ecomics of specific intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents, trade marks, geographical indications and design rights. It further assesses the interaction between ecomics, IP and competition. Finally, it examines why, when and how IP generates value, reviewing contemporary approaches to valuation and accounting, and the emerging use of IP to facilitate business finance. This analytical text offers readers a better understanding of IP's contribution to macro- and microecomics, as well as insights that inform the debate on evidence-based IP policy.
- Author BiographyDr. Nicola Searle is an economist at Goldsmiths, University of London. Martin Brassell is co-founder and Chief Executive of Inngot.
- Author(s)Martin Brassell,Nicola Searle
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight452 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.