All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs of a consequence of the ongoing ecomic crisis, in 2010 there was a marked deterioration in cross-border relations between Italy and Germany. In both countries the press published articles openly blaming ecomic hardship on the squandering attitude of southerners or the egoistic and mercantilist policies of rtherners. The reigning confusion among ecomists, split between pro- and anti-Euro positions in both countries, could do thing to counter this growing wave of populist nationalism. Out of this situation grew the idea of organizing a conference to discuss the theoretical issues implied by recent ecomic policy debates, purging them of ideological and nationalistic overtones. This volume publishes the proceedings of the resulting international colloquium, Ecomic crisis and new nationalisms: German ecomic policy as perceived by European partners , which was organized by the Foundation Cesifin Alberto Predieri and held in Florence in November 2012.
- Author BiographyAntonio Varsori is Professor of International History at the University of Padua, where he is also Director of the Department of Politics, Law and International Studies. He is President of the Liaison Committee of historians of contemporary Europe at the European Commission, President of the Italian Society of International History and a member of the editorial boards of several journals. He has published extensively on the Cold War, European integration and Italian foreign policy. His recent publications include European Union History: Themes and Debates (ed. with Wolfram Kaiser, 2010), and L'Italia e la fine della guerra fredda. La politica estera dei governi Andreotti 1989-1992 (2013). Monika Poettinger is Associate Professor of Economic History at Bocconi University and the University of Florence. She has published extensively on the industrialization of Lombardy, merchant networks and German entrepreneurial migrations. Her recent publications include Deutsche Unternehmer im Mailand des neunzehnten Jahrhunderts. Netzwerke, soziales Kapital und Industrialisierung (2012) and Firenze e l'Europa liberale. L'Economista (1874-1881) (ed., 2013).
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication17/08/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleEuroclio
- Series Part/Volume Number84
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2014
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note26, figs, tabl.
- Weight280 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAntonio Varsori,Monika Poettinger
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.