All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that ancient democracy did t stop at the door of ecomic democracy, and that ancient Athens has much to tell us about the relationship between political equality and ecomic equality. Athenian democracy rested on a foundation of general ecomic equality, which enabled citizens to challenge their exclusion from politics.
- Author BiographyLarry Patriquin is Professor of Social Welfare and Social Development at Nipissing University, Canada. He is the author of Agrarian Capitalism and Poor Relief in England, 1500-1860: Rethinking the Origins of the Welfare State and the editor of The Ellen Meiksins Wood Reader.
- Author(s)Larry Patriquin
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/01/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight288 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.