All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ecomic Facts and Fallacies , Thomas Sowell exposes some of the most popular fallacies about ecomic issues in a lively manner that does t require any prior kwledge of ecomics. These fallacies include many beliefs widely disseminated in the media and by politicians, such as fallacies about urban problems, income differences, male-female ecomic differences, as well as ecomic fallacies about academia, about race, and about Third World countries. Sowell shows that fallacies are t simply crazy ideas but in fact have a certain plausibility that gives them their staying power- and makes careful examination of their flaws both necessary and important.
- Author BiographyThomas Sowell has taught economics at Cornell, UCLA, Amherst and other academic institutions, and his Basic Economics has been translated into six languages. He is currently a scholar in residence at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University. He has published both in academic journals and in such popular media as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Fortune, and writes a syndicated column that appears in newspapers across the country.
- Author(s)Thomas Sowell
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Weight324 g
- Width143 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.