All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book serves as a compact introduction to the ecomic analysis of law and organization. At the same time it covers a broad spectrum of issues. It is aimed at undergraduate ecomics students who are interested in law and organization, law students who want to kw the ecomic basis for the law, and students in business and public policy schools who want to understand the ecomic approach to law and organization. The book covers such diverse topics as bankruptcy rules, corporate law, sports rules, the organization of Congress, federalism, intellectual property, crime, accident law, and insurance. Unlike other texts on the ecomic analysis of law, this text is t organized by legal categories but by ecomic theory. The purpose of the book is to develop ecomic intuition and theory to a sufficient degree so that one can apply the ideas to a variety of areas in law and organization.
- Author BiographyDonald Wittman is Professor of Economics at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He previously taught at the University of Chicago. Professor Wittman's book The Myth of Democratic Failure (1995) won the American Political Science Association award for the best title in political economy in the years 1994-6. He is coeditor of the forthcoming Oxford Handbook of Political Economy. Professor Wittman's research has appeared in journals such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy, American Political Science Review, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Legal Studies, Journal of Law and Economics, and Journal of Public Economics. His research has been supported by various National Science Foundation programs.
- Author(s)Donald Wittman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2006
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 tables 74 exercises
- Weight700 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.