All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a comprehensive account of the structural changes in India's ecomy initiated by colonial rule and globalization. It provides an understanding of the country's political and ecomic transition as it evolved into a stable democratic state. Capturing a crucial time span of 90 years, it attempts to connect present-day ecomic trends in India in the context of the country's ecomic history. The book broadly covers: transition to colonialism-impact on education, law, business organization, and land rights trends in macroecomic aggregates-national income, population, labour, savings, and investment; major sectors of development-agriculture, mining, industry, infrastructure, banking, and trade; and ecomic change in India post-Independence. Reader-friendly and accessible, the third edition offers clearly-defined concepts, wider coverage of themes with a brief overview of post-Independence developments in India, and explanatory tools like reading suggestions, glossary, tables, figures, boxes, and illustrations. It will be an indispensible resource book for undergraduate students and teachers of ecomic history.
- Author BiographyTirthankar Roy is Reader, Department of Economic History, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Author(s)Tirthankar Roy
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight522 g
- Width188 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.