All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a collection of some of the best and most influential work of Yanis Varoufakis. The chapters all address the issue of ecomic indeterminacy, and the place of a socialized Homo Ecomicus within the ecomy. The book addresses Varoufakis' key interpretation regarding the way in which neoclassical ecomics deals with the twin problems of complexity and indeterminacy. He argues that all neoclassical modelling revolves around three meta-axioms: Methodological individualism, Methodological instrumentalism and the Methodological Imposition of Equilibrium. Each chapter in preceded by an introduction, which explains its place within the overarching theme of the book. The volume also includes a lengthy introduction, plus a concluding chapter focusing on the future of ecomics. It will be a key work for all students and researchers in the field of political ecomy and ecomic methodology.
- Author BiographyYanis Varoufakis is Professor of Economic Theory and Director of the Department of Political Economy within the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Athens, Greece.
- Author(s)Yanis Varoufakis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white tables, 42 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.