Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic Restructuring and the Growing Uncertainty of the Middle Class focuses on a relatively new research area which is becoming increasingly more important: the growing uncertainty of the middle class. Until recently, members of the middle class were t only assured of a good social and ecomic position but also of the continuation of this position. Nowadays, ecomic and organisational changes are threatening this once secure position. The boundaries between the middle classes and the working class are becoming less and less visible. 'Making a career', which was in the past central for middle class people, is becoming ever more difficult. Moreover, organisational restructuring is threatening their employment. It seems that insecurity is becoming a central element in the lives of members of the middle class. In this book experts from several European countries discuss the question of to what extent the position of the middle class is really changing. They also discuss the mechanisms that are propelling these changes, and the effects these changes have on the attitudes of middle-class people. As the experts are from several parts of Europe (Great Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Greece, Spain and Russia), the reader can compare the situation of the middle classes in these various countries. This book contains valuable information for anyone interested in this important topic: t only for those involved in the studies of ecomic and organisational change and social stratification and those interested in the similarities and differences between European countries, but (amongst others) for policy-makers, managers, and trade union representatives who will be dealing with problems induced by the changes that are discussed in the book.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight990 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byBram Steijn,Jan Berting,Mart-Jan de Jong
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.