All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this concise yet comprehensive history, Heinz D. Kurz traces the long arc of ecomic thought from its emergence in ancient Greece to its systematic presentation among the classical thinkers of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries to the influential work of scholars such as Paul Samuelson and Kenneth J. Arrow. With a keen eye for how ecomic insights are acquired, lost, and reborn, Kurz focuses on the dynamic individuals who give old ideas new life and the historical events that provoke different approaches and theories. Over the course of this journey, Kurz explains what Adam Smith meant by the invisible hand ; how Karl Marx's law of motion works in capitalist ecomies; the roots of the Austrian ecomists' emphasis on the problems of information, incomplete kwledge, and uncertainty; John Maynard Keynes's principle of effective demand and ecomic stabilization; and the insights and challenges offered by growth theory, welfare ecomics, game theory, and more. He concludes with a deft summation of world ecomists' major concerns today and their critical relation to world events.
- Author BiographyHeinz D. Kurz is professor of economics at the University of Graz in Austria and founder of the Graz Schumpeter Centre. He has also taught at numerous universities around the world, including Cambridge University and the New School for Social Research. His books in English include Theory of Production: A Long-Period Analysis and Understanding Classical Economics: Studies in Long Period Theory.
- Author(s)Heinz Kurz
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight368 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byJeremiah Riemer
- Format DetailsTrade binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.