Economic and Financial Decisions Under Risk by Harris Schlesinger, Louis Eeckhoudt, Christian Gollier (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $94.66+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn understanding of risk and how to deal with it is an essential part of modern ecomics. Whether liability litigation for pharmaceutical firms or an individual's having insufficient wealth to retire, risk is something that can be recognized, quantified, analyzed, treated--and incorporated into our decision-making processes. This book represents a concise summary of basic multiperiod decision-making under risk. Its detailed coverage of a broad range of topics is ideally suited for use in advanced undergraduate and introductory graduate courses either as a self-contained text, or the introductory chapters combined with a selection of later chapters can represent core reading in courses on macroecomics, insurance, portfolio choice, or asset pricing. The authors start with the fundamentals of risk measurement and risk aversion. They then apply these concepts to insurance decisions and portfolio choice in a one-period model. After examining these decisions in their one-period setting, they devote most of the book to a multiperiod context, which adds the long-term perspective most risk management analyses require. Each chapter concludes with a discussion of the relevant literature and a set of problems. The book presents a thoroughly accessible introduction to risk, bridging the gap between the traditionally separate ecomics and finance literatures.
- Author BiographyLouis Eeckhoudt is Professor of Economics at the Catholic Faculties of Mons (Belgium) and Lille (France) and Associate Member of the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE), Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium). Christian Gollier is Professor of Economics at the University of Toulouse and a Research Fellow at CESifo, a joint venture of the University of Munich's Center for Economic Studies (CES) and Germany's Ifo Institute. His previous book, The Economics of Risk and Time , won the prestigious Paul A. Samuelson Award. Harris Schlesinger is Professor of Finance and Samford Chair of Insurance at the University of Alabama. He also is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Konstanz and a Research Fellow at CESifo. The three authors are each a past editor of the Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory , and they have previously collaborated on papers appearing in Econometrica, the Journal of Economic Theory, Management Science , and the Journal of Public Economics .
- PrizesWinner of Kulp-Wright Book Award 2007.
- Author(s)Christian Gollier,Harris Schlesinger,Louis Eeckhoudt
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/01/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note32 line illus. 1 table.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.