All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionGain a strong understanding of ecomic principles with the hundreds of lively examples found in McEachern's ECONOMICS: A CONTEMPORARY INTRODUCTION, 11E. This book draws on what you already have observed through your life experiences to help explain ecomic concepts, choices, institutions, and events. Interesting case studies in the book and online, the latest research findings, and focused examples offer genuine insight into how ecomic principles work in today's world. A friendly writing style is enhanced by learning features that make the material clear and more direct. Understandable graphs and exhibits include captions that summarize key points for review, color-coded curves, and helpful labels for clarification. More challenging graphs in the book are built one step at a time using new Progression Graphs online software. Powerful learning tools, such as online Aplia (R) and MindTap (R), further improve your understanding of ecomics and its relevance to your success.
- Author BiographyDr. William A. McEachern began teaching large sections of economic principles shortly after joining the University of Connecticut. Several years later he began offering teaching workshops around the country. The University of Connecticut Alumni Association conferred on him its Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award in 2000. He earlier won the Association's award for Distinguished Public Service. Dr. McEachern has published books and monographs on public finance, public policy, and industrial organization, including MANAGERIAL CONTROL AND PERFORMANCE (D.C. Heath and Company). His research has also appeared in edited volumes, such as READINGS IN PUBLIC CHOICE ECONOMICS (University of Michigan Press), INTERNATIONAL HANDBOOK ON TEACHING AND LEARNING ECONOMICS (Edward Elgar Publishing), and RETHINKING ECONOMIC PRINCIPLES (Irwin Publishing), He has also published in a variety of refereed journals, including Economic Inquiry, National Tax Journal, Quarterly Review of Economic and Business, Journal of Industrial Economics, Kyklos, Econ Journal Watch, and Public Choice. His principles of economics textbooks have been translated into Spanish, Chinese, and Bahasa Indonesia, and have been adapted for Australia and for India. He is the founding editor of THE TEACHING ECONOMIST, a newsletter that for a quarter of a century has focused on teaching economics at the college level. Dr. McEachern has advised federal, state, and local governments on policy matters and has been quoted in media such as the New York Times, Times of London, Wall Street Journal USA Today and Reader's Digest. He, earned an undergraduate degree with honors from College of the Holy Cross, served three years as a U.S. Army officer, and earned an M.A. and Ph.D. in economics from the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)William A. McEachern
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1633 g
- Width222 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement11th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.