All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionDelving into the connections between renewable energy and ecomics on an international level, this book focuses specifically on hydropower and geothermal power production for use in the power intensive industry. It takes readily available government and international statistics to provide insight into how businesses and ecomists can interpret the factors that influence the growth of power intensive industries. It also discusses the CarbFix and SulFix projects that involve the injection of hydrogen sulphide (H2S), and carbon dioxide (CO2) back to reservoir as an emission reduction method. With improved engineering processes, both types of power generation are increasingly subject to ecomies of scale. These exciting techlogical developments have a great potential to change the way the world works, as the ecomy continues to rely so heavily on energy to drive production. Green energy is without a question going to be a major factor in our future, so studying it at its nascence is particularly exciting. This book is intended for academic researchers and students interested in current ecomic and environmental hot topics, as well as people interested in the inner workings of a possible new investment opportunity.
- Author BiographyDr. Helga Kristjansdottir completed PhD in economics at the University of Iceland in 2004. Prior to that she obtained MS in economics from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Belgium in 2000, and an MBA from Boston College in 1995. Helga has worked in stock brokering and management consultancy. Helga's teaching experience includes classes in international economics, statistics and energy economics at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Her research covers publication of several papers in peer international journals. Her areas of expertise are primarily in the aluminum industry, foreign direct investment, and renewable energy.
- Author(s)Helga Kristjansdottir
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 48 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight150 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.