All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compendium on ecomics specially designed for development practitioners and civil-society activists who do t have formal training in the subject. It provides an understanding of microecomics, kwledge of the macroecomic environment and insights from the specialized area called development ecomics. Through separate chapters, it covers poverty, inequality, social and gender discrimination, and environmental impact. Ecomics in Action provides the necessary kwledge to participants of public debates who do t have a background in ecomics and would like to reinforce their arguments and analyses with sound ecomic theory. It also carries specific tips on using ecomics in development practice and interventions. The author, in general, tries to relate the ideas and relationships described in ecomics with the real-world problems that we may encounter as part of our lives.
- Author BiographyV. Santhakumar is currently Professor, Azim Premji University, Bangalore. He had been a faculty, for 15 years (1996-2011), and is currently a Visiting Professor at the Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum. He worked as a full-time volunteer in a major non-governmental organisation called Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishad. He completed doctoral research from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. He has held postdoctoral scholarships at the Wageningen Agricultural University, Netherlands, and Vanderbilt University, United States. V. Santhakumar has also carried out a number of consultant assignments for the Asian Development Bank, United Nations Environment Programme and United Nations Development Programme in different states of India, and in Tajikistan, Palestine, Laos and so on. He has received the research medal and the outstanding research award of the Global Development Network, during its initial years. He specialises in institutional issues of environment, natural resources, energy and infrastructure. In addition to publishing in international journals, he has authored Analysing Social Opposition to Reforms (2008), Economic Analysis of Institutions: A Practical Guide (2011) and Economics in Action: An Easy Guide for Development Practitioners (2013)-all published by SAGE India. He has also co-edited the two-volume series on Law and Economics (2013) published by SAGE India.
- Author(s)V. Santhakumar
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.