CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionHow has the collapse of the ecomy affected your life? This is the compelling question photographer Gina Genis asks as she photographs 245 individual people. Their answers expose the helplessness and struggle to rise above the Great American Recession. Genis prints and places the portraits together to build an American flag 11' high by 18 1/2' long on the gallery wall. This project is a record of the American recession as well as a tribute to human spirit. Ecomy Portraits was awarded Best Art Show of 2011 by OC Weekly.
- Author BiographyGina Genis is a graduate of Parsons The New School for Design where she concentrated in painting, photography, and mixed media. She exposes the trials of our society through the medium of photography. Most recent topics include aging in America, invasion of privacy, man's interaction with the environment, the collapse of the economy, and hoarding. Her project, Economy Portraits, executed while Artist-In-Residence at the Huntington Beach Art Center, was awarded Best Art Show of 2011 by the OC Weekly. She is included in the permanent collections of the Sackner Archive of Concrete and Visual Poetry, the Otto G. Richter Library, Hard Rock Casino, IBM, and the Sarah and Adam Markman Collection among others. She has been featured in American Contemporary Art magazine and has had favorable reviews in numerous newspapers and magazines. Gina teaches workshops and private photography lessons in person and online. She frequently lectures to graduating photography students at colleges, Universities, and art schools.
- Author(s)Gina Genis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.