All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of using nature to improve mental and emotional wellbeing has existed for many years, in many forms. However, growing levels of interest in holistic, reciprocal relationships with nature have led to the development of an explicit field, termed Ecotherapy. In this thought-provoking new book, Martin Jordan and Joe Hinds provide a comprehensive exploration of this emerging area of practice. Divided into three parts, the book offers a unique examination of a range of theoretical perspectives, unpacks the latest research and provides a wealth of illuminating practice examples, with a number of chapters dedicated to authors' own first-hand experiences of the positive psychological effects of having contact with nature. Topics covered include: * The foundations of ecotherapy, including how it can be defined, its relation to psychotherapy and ecopsychology, and the research and various theory bases that inform it * The benefits of incorporating nature into palliative care * Nature as a tool for crisis recovery * Nature-based therapy for stress-related disorders * The use of nature to promote optimal functioning, with a focus on areas such as generative experiences, emotional development and exploration, automy and a sense of belonging. Written by a collection of leading experts from around the globe, Ecotherapy is a vital introduction to this fast-developing area of therapeutic practice.
- Author BiographyMartin Jordan is a Counselling Psychologist, Psychotherapist and expert in the field of Ecotherapy. Formerly, he was a Senior Lecturer at the University of Brighton, UK. Joe Hinds is a Psychotherapist and counsellor, and is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK.
- Author(s)Joe Hinds,Martin Jordan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight351 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.