All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionEcotourism is a useful concept, but t a very well defined one; it has been debated in theory and attempted in practice for nearly two decades. Its key goal is to reduce the net environmental impact of the tourism industry, via mechanisms including minimal impact management measures, education, community involvement, private conservation, contributions to public protected areas, expansion of ecotourism enterprises and mainstreaming of ecotourism principles.Focussing on fundamental ecotourism concepts, this broad-based textbook provides a basis for studies into environment-based tourism. It covers key topics such as the management, ecomics and potential environmental impacts both positive and negative of this popular and growing sector.Written for tourism students and an ideal resource for undergraduate courses, Ecotourism: Principles and Practices will also interest industry practitioners and researchers.
- Author BiographyRalf Buckley is Director of the International Centre for Ecotourism Research, and Research Director of the Climate Response Program at Griffith University, Australia. He has an extensive research record in this field, including previous books published by CABI on Case Studies in Ecotourism, Nature-Based Tourism, Environmental Impacts of Ecotourism, and Adventure Tourism. In 1993 he established the world's first full three-year undergraduate degree in ecotourism. He also has practical commercial experience from working as a guide for a large North American nature tourism operator.
- Author(s)R. Buckley
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCABI Tourism Texts
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.