All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- Descriptiono ...an original philosophical position ...historically thorough, carefully argued, and well disciplined.O NRobert C. Neville Semiotic theory, which has restricted its focus largely to human forms of signification, is transformed by Robert S. Corrington into a semiotics of nature itself. Corrington situates the divide between onature naturingO and onature naturedO within the context of classical American pragmaticism and postmodern psychoanalysis. At the heart of this new metaphysics is an insistence that all signs participate in larger orders of meaning that are natural and religious. Meanings embodied in nature point beyond nature to the mystery inherent in positioned codes and signs.
- Author(s)Robert S. Corrington
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- Series TitleAdvances in Semiotics
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noted.
- Weight500 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.