All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.07
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.57
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.59
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
About this product
- DescriptionEdgar Degas was full of contradictions. A boy who grew up in a well-to-do home, he nevertheless worked hard all his life. A devoted family man, he never married or had children of his own. Considered one of the leaders of the French Impressionist movement that included Monet, Reir, and Pissarro, he created art almost totally different from theirs in every aspect. Unlike the others in the group, Degas was t interested in landscape painting out-of-doors; he preferred to work in his studio, making stunning images of ballet dancers, jockeys at the race track, singers and orchestra musicians, laundresses, and milliners. Extremely conservative politically, he was a revolutionary artist, experimenting in everything he did - oil paintings, pastels, drawings, etchings, and sculptures.
- Author(s)Susan E. Meyer
- Date of Publication01/10/1994
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleFirst Impressions S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Out-of-print date11/09/2009
- Content Note35 colour and 18 b&w illustrations, index
- Weight580 g
- Width191 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.