All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $102.00Trending at AU $107.77
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $55.31
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $51.81
- AU $42.74Trending at AU $50.33
About this product
- DescriptionEDGE OF ETERNITY is the sweeping, passionate conclusion to Ken Follett s extraordinary historical epic, The Century Trilogy. Throughout these books, Follett has followed the fortunes of five intertwined families American, German, Russian, English, and Welsh as they make their way through the twentieth century. Now they come to one of the most tumultuous eras of all: the ermous social, political, and ecomic turmoil of the 1960s through the 1980s, from civil rights, assassinations, mass political movements and Vietnam to the Berlin Wall, the Cuban Missile Crisis, presidential impeachment, revolution and rock and roll. East German teacher Rebecca Hoffman discovers she s been spied on by the Stasi for years and commits an impulsive act that will affect her family for the rest of their lives. George Jakes, the child of a mixed-race couple, bypasses a corporate law career to join Robert F. Kennedy s Justice Department, and finds himself in the middle t only of the seminal events of the civil rights battle, but a much more personal battle of his own. Cameron Dewar, the grandson of a senator, jumps at the chance to do some official and ufficial espionage for a cause he believes in, only to discover that the world is a much more dangerous place than he d imagined. Dimka Dvorkin, a young aide to Nikita Khrushchev, becomes a prime agent both for good and for ill as the United Statesand the Soviet Union race to the brink of nuclear war, while his twin sister, Tania, carves out a role that will take her from Moscow to Cuba to Prague to Warsaw and into history. As always with Follett, the historical background is brilliantly researched and rendered, the action fast-moving, the characters rich in nuance and emotion. With the hand of a master, he brings us into a world we thought we knew but w will never seem the same again.
- Author BiographyKEN FOLLETT burst into the book world with <i>Eye of the Needle</i>, an award-winning thriller and international bestseller. After several more successful thrillers, he surprised everyone with <i>The Pillars of the Earth</i> and its long-awaited sequel, <i>World Without End</i>, a national and international bestseller. Follett's new, magnificent historical epic, The Century Trilogy, opened with<i> Fall of Giants</i>, followed by <i>Winter of the World</i>, both #1 <i>New York Times </i>bestsellers. He lives in England with his wife, Barbara.
- Author(s)Ken Follett
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight658 g
- Width137 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine71 mm
- Read byJohn Lee
- Contained items statement29 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time2220
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.