All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes the earth have a spirit or soul? Science and rationality have t taught us how to love or care for the earth. The mythic bonds to nature, such as those found in Aboriginal Australian cultures, appear to have real survival value because they bind us to the earth in a meaningful way. When these bonds are destroyed by excessive rationality or a collapse of cultural mythology, we are left alone, outside the community of nature and in an alienated state. Jung was one of the first thinkers of our time to consider the psychic influence of the earth and the conditioning of the mind by place. Inspired by his writings and those of James Hillman, the field of eco-psychology has arisen as a powerful new area of inquiry. This book contributes to global eco-psychology from an Australian perspective.
- Author BiographyDr. David Tacey is the author of eight books, including Jung and the New Age, The Spirituality Revolution, and How to Read Jung. He was born in Melbourne and raised in Alice Springs, central Australia. It was here that he was influenced by Aboriginal cultures and their religion and cosmology. After completing a PhD degree at the University of Adelaide, Tacey was a Harkness Fellow in the United States, where James Hillman supervised his studies.
- Author(s)David Tacey
- PublisherDaimon Verlag
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEinsiedeln
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintDaimon Verlag
- Weight318 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.