All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionEdible films and coatings play an important role in the quality, safety, transportation, storage, and display of a wide range of fresh and processed foods. Edible films and coatings, while preventing moisture loss and maintaining quality, prevent spoilage and microbial contamination of foods. The edible film and coating industry is w a multimillion dollar industry. Less than $1 million in 1999, the market has grown to more than $100 million and is expected to grow to $350 million by 2008, according to James Rossman of Rossman Consulting. Pharmaceutical and consumer products have been responsible for the tremendous increase. This growth has produced an ermous amount of scientific articles, patents, and research projects undertaken by members of the food industry, academia, and research institutions. Edible Films and Coatings for Food Applications brings together this vast wealth of scientific kwledge in a systematically organized volume. It examines the science, application, function, and market for edible films and coatings.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note117 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables, biography
- Weight758 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKerry C. Huber,Milda E. Embuscado
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.