All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome wild edible plants have poisous look-alikes, and it is important to kw the difference when harvesting. Edible Wild Plants is a simplified guide to familiar and widespread species of edible berries, nuts, leaves and roots found in North America. This beautifully illustrated guide identifies over 100 familiar species and includes information on how to harvest their edible parts. It also includes a section on dangerous poisous plants to avoid that have contact poisons that can blister skin. This convenient guide is an ideal, portable source of practical information and ideal for field use. Made in the USA.
- Author BiographyZoologist James Kavanagh has researched and written more than 450 publications pertaining to wildlife observation and outdoor recreation. His unique talent is in taking complex information and synthesizing the salient points to make knowledge about nature and the outdoors more accessible to novices, and to present quick, portable reference information for more experienced wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts. His books have sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.
- Author(s)James Kavanagh
- PublisherWaterford Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Series TitlePocket Naturalist Guide Series
- Place of PublicationBlaine, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterford Press Ltd
- Content NoteFull color throughout
- Weight37 g
- Width95 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dr. Raymond Leung
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.