All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionWharton's late and critically-neglected vels are reclaimed as experimental in form and radical in content in this book, which also suggests that her portrayal of older female characters in her last six vels anticipates contemporary unease about the cultural marginalization of the older woman in Western society.
- Author BiographyAVRIL HORNERis Emeritus Professor of English, Kingston University, UK. She is the co-author, with Sue Zlosnik, of Gothic and the Comic Turn (2005), Daphne du Maurier, Writing, Identity and the Gothic Imagination (1998), Landscapes of Desire: Metaphors in Modern Women's Fiction (1990); editor of European Gothic: A Spirited Exchange 1760-1960 (2002); co-editor of Iris Murdoch and Morality (2010); Le Gothic: Influences and Appropriations in Europe and America (2008) and Body Matters: Feminism, Textuality, Corporeality (1990). JANET BEERis Vice Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University, UK. She is the author of Edith Wharton: Traveller in the Land of Letters (1990), Kate Chopin, Edith Wharton and Charlotte Perkins Gilman: Studies in Short Fiction (1997), Edith Wharton (2002); editor of The Cambridge Companion to Kate Chopin (2008); co-editor of Special Relationships: Anglo-American Antagonisms and Affinities, 1854-1936 (2002), American Feminism: Key Source Documents 1848-1920 (2002), The Awakening: A Sourcebook (2004), Edith Wharton's 'The House of Mirth' (2007).
- Author(s)Avril Horner,Janet Beer
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.