All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis bibliography lists most of the literature on editing written from 1960 through 1988, with particular focus on those works pertaining to the acquisition and preparation of texts for publication. Recognizing the wide range of functions performed by an editor, Bruce W. Speck accesses information about the editor's involvement in all aspects of the publishing process from initiating contacts with authors and marking manuscripts to discussing production specifications with the printer and creating advertising copy. The entries are arranged alphabetically by author and fall under the headings of general editing, technical editing, and the editing of particular types of documents. Each citation is presented in standard bibliographic form, and the contents of each work summarized briefly using quotations and examples to highlight each book's most salient points. In order to facilitate identification of entries, the list is numbered consecutively with the subject index keyed to the numbered entry instead of the page number. Thoughtful organization and thorough documentation make this manual a handy reference volume for libraries, professional editors, and teachers of editing.
- Author BiographyBRUCE W. SPECK is Assistant Professor at Memphis State University where he teaches the Professional Writing Program. He is now working on future books about editing and has contributed articles to Training and Development Journal, Illinois English Bulletin, and The Bulletin of the Association for Business Communication.
- Author(s)Bruce W. Speck
- Date of Publication21/03/1991
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Mass Media & Communications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 4
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight625 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.