All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, a complement to Elements de theologie thebaine (SAT 16) published in 2010, is a syptic edition of the six spells of the Book of the Dead, defined by Willem Pleyte in 1882 as a -supplement-. They are here translated and accompanied by a philological commentary. Two of these spells, 162 and 166, are attested for the first time during the second part of the 21st dynasty in Thebes, where the practice of the Amonian theocracy was at its strongest. The rest of the texts is only kwn from the -canization- of the Book of the Dead at the end of the 25th dynasty; they are probably a contemporary creation. The grouping under the appellation -chapitres supplementaires- is an invention of the Ancient Egyptians, but it also allows us to put together this ensemble of texts which contain some common linguistic, theological and conceptual particularities.This publication offers a syptic edition containing a dozen attestations of each text, conceived as a representative sample of the papyrus containing those spells. It enables the reader to follow in particular their chrological as well as their linguistic and syntactic evolution. Each spell is also translated and commented, completing thereby the analysis presented in Elements de theologie thebaine.
- Author(s)Annik Wuthrich
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleStudien Zum Altagyptischen Totenbuch
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Weight1801 g
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.