All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored by luminaries in the special education field, EDUCATING EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN introduces readers to each of the thirteen disability categories, and discusses the needs of children who are gifted and talented. The fourteenth edition continues to focus on the strengths of previous editions, while also providing new material about such important hot topics as genetics, neurology, inclusion, assistive techlogy, and information processing. The book provides key, research-based teaching methods and strategies for children with various exceptionalities, and also offers analysis of ecological factors that influence the exceptional child in and out of the classroom. This edition also features a new chapter on children with ADD/ADHD, new diagsis information from the DSM-5, coverage of CEC and Common Core State Standards, the most current teaching techniques for each category, and current coverage of the Response to Intervention Model.
- Author BiographySamuel Kirk, who wrote the first several editions of EDUCATING EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN, was a pioneer and forefather within the fields of special education and learning disabilities. James J. Gallagher received his Ph.D. from Pennsylvania State University and has, in years since, earned international respect for his research in the areas of giftedness and mental retardation, among other topics in special education. He is the author of numerous scholarly articles and the editor of Jossey Bass' New Directions in Special Education monographs. Mary Ruth Coleman joined the author team of EDUCATING EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN in the twelfth edition. Well known in the field, Dr. Coleman served as President of the Council for Exceptional Children. She earned her Ph.D. in 1990 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Special Education and Literacy Studies.
- Author(s)James Gallagher,Mary Ruth Coleman,Samuel A. Kirk
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1375 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.