Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1966, and premised on the idea that motivated sixteen-year-olds are capable of college work, Bard College at Simon's Rock is an educational experiment from the sixties that has endured and prospered. Educating Outside the Lines looks at Simon's Rock as a pioneer of the early college movement that has begun to reshape the connections between secondary and higher education. Because its curriculum is entirely at the college level, its students handle a challenging B.A. program before having completed the last two years of high school, and may earn their degrees before they are twenty. In this collection, faculty and alumni explore what this unique vantage point can teach about college pedagogy. The book invites educators, parents, and students to re-imagine what college itself could be.
- Author BiographyNancy Yanoshak has taught at Georgetown University and at Smolny College, a Bard College/St. Petersburg University joint venture. She has been an International Research and Exchange Board scholar, and has research interests in pre-Petrine Russia, Soviet culture and film, critical theory, and interdisciplinary feminist pedagogy. Dr. Yanoshak joined the Bard College at Simon's Rock faculty in 1982, and teaches history, women's studies, and critical theory. She has served as Emily H. Fisher Faculty Fellow, and has been a recipient of the senior class's awards for teaching and service.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill.
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byNancy Yanoshak
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.