Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines narcissistic, self-absorbed attitudes and behaviors of individuals and the effects of these attitudes and behaviors on the American school system. As the effects are widespread and detrimental, the book also discusses multiple strategies to combat narcissism in schools. Extensive reading, critical observation, and nearly 35 years of combined educational experience led to the formation and completion of this project. Research was collected from over 40 sources including books, periodicals, newspaper articles, interviews, and workshops. Specifically, the book defines narcissistic qualities, identifies long-term societal effects of narcissistic living, discusses narcissism in relation to child development, and extensively examines narcissism in the school setting (the people and practices). The book challenges teachers, counselors, and administrators to reflect on their role in educating the narcissistic population and to adopt strategies to reverse the growing trend. In turn, educators are encouraged to foster a learning experience that promotes greater responsibility, durability, and independence on the part of the learner and that emphasizes the concept of living, learning, and working for the 'greater good' in our society.
- Author BiographyChad Mason has been in education approximately fifteen years, with nine of those in the administrative ranks. During that time, he has served as a high school business teacher, a varsity girls' basketball coach, academic team advisor, high school assistant principal, junior high assistant principal, and high school principal. Karen Brackman has worked in secondary education for more than twenty years in various positions including teaching English and reading, school counseling, coaching, advising several different student organizations, and serving on multiple faculty committees.
- Author(s)Chad Mason,Karen Brackman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byTedore J. Kowalski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.