All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn classrooms and lectures we learn t only about academic topics but also about ourselves, our peers and how people and ideas interact. Education - An Impossible Profession extends the ways in which we might think about these processes by offering a refreshing reconsideration of key educational experiences including those of: * being judged and assessed, both formally and informally * adapting to different groups for different purposes * struggling to think under pressure * learning to recognise and adapt to the expectations of others. This book brings psychoanalysis to new audiences, graphically illustrating its importance to understandings of teaching, learning and classrooms. Drawing on the author's original research, it considers the classroom context, including policy demands and professional pressures, and the complexity of peer and pedagogic relationships and interactions asking how these might be being experienced and what implications such experiences might have for learners and teachers. The discussions will be of interest t only to teachers, leading-learners and teacher-educators, but also to individuals interested in education policy, professional practice and theories of education.
- Author BiographyTamara Bibby is a lecturer in Learning and Teaching at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK.
- Author(s)Tamara Bibby
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleFoundations and Futures of Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.