Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by Howard Gruber's Evolving Systems Approach, these studies explore creativity in several domains. The idea that the creative person embodies a system of loosely coupled sub-systems - kwledge, purpose, and affect that work together, is viewed here in different chapters that explore this concept. These include autobiographies of incarcerated youth, curricula for moral and civic responsibility, changing attitudes of readers to text (romance vels), as well as case studies of highly creative individuals, such as George Bernard Shaw. Gruber's approach provides concepts as well as methodological tools which the authors apply to diverse creative processes. This book is a valuable resource for undergraduate as well as graduate level students interested in creativity, development, and education. In addition to the intrinsic interest of each chapter, the guiding theme of the book is the underlying theory of creativity, Gruber's Evolving Systems Approach, and illustrates the unusual breadth and flexibility of that theory.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication12/11/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePath in Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1000 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDoris B. Wallace
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.