All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to James M. Kauffman, too much of what is said today about educational reform is nsense that shortchanges students, parents, and taxpayers. This deforms education rather than reforming it. The primary objective of this book is to help teachers, teacher educators, policy makers, and parents think more critically about current rhetoric about education. Reason and science in the enlightenment tradition are more helpful in reforming and improving education than political agendas. Reform should focus on instruction. Education must address the full range of learners, from those who are mentally retarded to those who are intellectually gifted. Special education, multicultural education, and standardized testing are among the controversial issues explored. Extremes of both left and right ideologies are rejected in favor of careful thinking and sound judgment.
- Author BiographyJames M. Kauffman is the Charles S. Robb Professor of Education, University of Virginia. In 2006, he received the SABA Award for Effective Presentation in the Mass Media and in 1994, he received the Research Award of the Council for Exceptional Children. His publications include over 100 articles in refereed journals and leading textbooks in special education. He is the author of several books including Characteristics of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders of Children and Youth, Exceptional Learners: Introduction to Special Education), The Least Restrictive Environment: Its Origins and Interpretations in Special Education.
- Author(s)James M. Kauffman
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Out-of-print date20/10/2014
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight426 g
- Width149 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.